Mandate of the People — Bradford Wins 51st Assembly District
Steven Bradford, a Gardena City Councilman, won 52.93 percent of the vote in the September 1 special election to fill this Southern California seat vacated by Curran Price when he was elected to the Senate.
Turnout in the election was 7.53 percent.
According to the Secretary of State, the total number of votes cast was 13,500.
Bradford received 7,145 votes.
An Assembly district contains roughly 420,000 constituents.
Filed under: Politics
- Capitol Cliches (16)
- Conversational Currency (3)
- Great Moments in Capitol History (4)
- News (1,288)
- Opinionation (36)
- Overheard (246)
- Today's Latin Lesson (45)
- Restaurant Raconteur (21)
- Spotlight (110)
- Trip to Tokyo (8)
- Venting (184)
- Warren Buffett (43)
- Welcome (1)
- Words That Aren't Heard in Committee Enough (11)