More Verbal Detritis
A concerned reader finds the following troubling beyond merely overuse:
Trial balloon. As opposed to the real balloon?
Best practices. As opposed to doing a lousy job?
Real time. As opposed to unreal time?
Blow-back. Sounds like something done at a hair salon or the result of severe food poisoning.
Filed under: Capitol Cliches
- Capitol Cliches (16)
- Conversational Currency (3)
- Great Moments in Capitol History (4)
- News (1,288)
- Opinionation (36)
- Overheard (246)
- Today's Latin Lesson (45)
- Restaurant Raconteur (21)
- Spotlight (110)
- Trip to Tokyo (8)
- Venting (184)
- Warren Buffett (43)
- Welcome (1)
- Words That Aren't Heard in Committee Enough (11)